LG Corporation washing appliances are well known around the world: the engineers of the Korean manufacturer were the first to launch mass production of washing machines with direct drive, which ensures silent, durable, and reliable operation of electric motors.
However, this technique also has its weaknesses, which can be seen by analyzing the common malfunctions of LG washing machines. Breakdowns are associated not only with defects in assemblies and parts but also with users’ mistakes.
Main malfunctions and their symptoms
The most common sources of LG washing machine problems are the improper operation of the equipment, as well as hard water in the plumbing. There are also difficulties associated with defects in parts and assemblies.
But according to the statistics of service centres, only 9% of LG machine owners apply for repairs during the first 5 years of equipment operation. This is a top indicator of reliability: you will not really need the LG appliance repair authorized nearby, as these washing machines are extremely durable. So, experts note the following most frequent malfunctions of LG washing machines:
• Failure of the heating element due to overheating (as a result of scale formation) or voltage surges;
• Failure of the water level sensor in the tank, due to which water either overflows the tank or does not completely enter it;
• Poor quality of wiring, connectors, and terminals, due to which the machine does not turn on, spontaneously overloads, or turns off;
• Malfunctions of the drain pump, which is often clogged with fabrics, as well as small items that are not taken out of pockets. As a result, the machine does not drain the water;
• Breakdowns of the inlet valve lead to the fact that water constantly flows into the tank (even when the machine is turned off);
• Bearing wear. Each washing machine model has a load limit for laundry (for example, no more than 5 kg). Constant overloading leads to the failure of the bearings. Breakage is accompanied by noise, creaking, and rattling during rinsing and spinning. This is a common issue with LG direct drive washing machines. In the LG Direct Drive series with inverter motors, failure occurs due to the heavy load on the bearings due to the design features of the equipment.
The reasons for the failure of the washing machine can have a different basis. Typically, careless use of equipment and washing without following the instructions leads to breakdowns. Users may notice that the unit does not heat up water, the machine buzzes and does not speed up, some buttons do not work, or the machine does not wash well.
In these situations, you can try to disassemble and clean it on your own or with the help of professionals. However, before repairing, you should definitely find out why the equipment creaks, shakes, squeezes, or whistles, and only then proceed to the troubleshooting process.
The popular LG washing machines have built-in displays. Thanks to intelligent electronic control, all current information is reflected on them, including codes for the most common errors and malfunctions. This is how you can find out what exactly happened to your washing machine.
Recommendations for users
Breakdowns of the LG washing machine can be prevented if you use it according to the instructions, choosing the right modes and programs. It is better if this type of equipment is installed by a specialist. When operating, it is worth adhering to the following rules:
• control water quality;
• always check the voltage in the network;
• if there are interruptions, then the unit should be turned off;
• it is worth loading the machine to the permissible level;
• wash clothes only with high-quality chemicals;
• take small items out of the pockets before washing;
• clean the filter equipment regularly.
The implementation of the above simple rules will help to avoid malfunctions of LG household washing appliances. If the machine breaks down, and an error is displayed on the screen, then you can try to eliminate it on your own or turn to professionals. The main thing is to carefully use the washing machine, do not ignore the manufacturer’s recommendations, and fix any problems in time. Good luck!