If you are looking for custom yard signs, the first thing that needs to be done is a comprehensive list of ideas. Once you have these ideas down on paper, it will be much easier to find the right custom yard sign company or shop to make them for you. You should expect to take about two to three days to prepare for your yard sign project.
Factors to Customize Your Yard Signs
The ideas you come up with will help you in two ways when looking into custom-made yard signs. First, it is important that you be able to express yourself clearly and concisely when talking to the design team of the company you choose to make your signs. Secondly, the designers will need to know what you want to develop a perfect design for your needs.
Here are some things you should consider when coming up with ideas for your yard signs.
1. What are you trying to convey? Is it a special event? Do you have information about your business that you want to spread the word about? Are you celebrating something for your family?
2. Your budget – how much do you want to spend on custom yard signs upfront, how much will it cost, and what will you be willing to pay for shipping and handling?
3. How many signs do you need, and where will they go? If the location of the yard signs is important to your celebrations, you should take note of this before continuing.
4. Is there anything particular about the location that makes it ideal or not-so-ideal for custom yard signs?
5. What will your yard signs be used for? Will they need to stand up to rain, wind, and sun exposure?
Based on these factors, you should come up with an idea or two for custom yard signs. You can think outside the box, but to make your ideas easier to express when it comes time to design, you may want to keep them simple.
Customizing Yard Signs for Special Events
Are you celebrating an anniversary, a birthday, graduation, or another special event? You can honor the person who is celebrating with a custom yard sign that says, “Happy Birthday, Mom.”
Or, if it’s your anniversary, you might want to tell people exactly how many years it’s been with a customized yard sign that includes the names of both partners and their wedding date.
Or maybe you have a business and are helping to celebrate the opening of a new location, grand re-opening, product launch, or any other special event your company might be involved in. You can use custom yard signs to commemorate the occasion and spread the word.
This approach is best if you are looking for a long-term solution and want your signs to last through many events and years of weathering outdoor conditions. It is also the best choice if you are not sure how much public participation you will receive for your celebration, as these kinds of yard signs can be up for a long time.
What to Expect from Your Yard Sign Company?
Custom yard sign companies will work with you to come up with the perfect design for your needs. Many of them have templates that you can choose from. But most companies are very flexible and can create something new if necessary.
Here is what you can expect.
1. The yard sign company will ask for a list of ideas and themes you consider working from. They will ask for more information about the background of the event or business occasion if necessary.
2. You can expect that your design team will need at least one to two days to come up with a realistic mock-up version of your custom yard sign. This will need to be approved before final printing, which usually requires another day of processing time.
3. As for the cost of custom yard signs, you should expect to spend between $50 and $100 per sign in most cases when working with an established company. But this can vary according to size, material type, shape, quantity, and other factors.
4. You can expect to wait between one and two weeks for custom yard signs in most cases when working with an established company, but it is possible to get your order in extremely quickly if you’re willing to pay more money.
5. Shipping cost will be factored into the overall price of each custom yard sign, and you can expect to pay no more than $25 in most cases (unless the order is very large).
Once you know exactly what you want your custom yard signs to say and look like, it’s time to start shopping around for a printing company. You should find great deals on services if you do some comparison shopping and consult reviews.