Through all of my ups and downs in life, I’ve learned one universal truth — if I want to be successful, I have to put effort into it. I had to work late nights and cancel some plans because I wanted to accomplish my goals. And let me tell you, these effort quotes helped me get where I am today.
I found that there are countless other people who credit hard work and effort as one of the biggest keys to success. Because, let’s face it — unless we push ourselves to do better every single day, we’ll never make a difference.
32 Best Effort Quotes That Will Change Your Life
Inspirational Effort Quotes About Success
1. “Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.” ― Helen Keller
2. “If there is one lesson I’ve learned from failure and success, it’s this ― I am not the outcome. I am never the result. I am only the effort.” ― Kamal Ravikant
3. “Do not let your good ideas spend your brain energy, do it with all the effort because the shadow of the success can become a reality only with hard work.” ― Isra
4. “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” ― Elbert Hubbard
5. “Mental toughness with extreme effort is the formula for success.” ― Mark Wiggins
6. “No one succeeds without effort. Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.” ― Ramana Maharshi
7. “Determination, effort, and practice are rewarded with success.” ― Mary Lydon Simonsen
8. “Success is dependent on effort.” ― Sophocles
Effort Quotes That Will Motivate You to Achieve Greatness
9. “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty. I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
10. “Never give up. It’s like breathing — once you quit, your flame dies, letting total darkness extinguish every last gasp of hope. You can’t do that. You must continue taking in even the shallowest of breaths, continue putting forth even the smallest of efforts to sustain your dreams. Don’t ever, ever, ever give up.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
11. “You’re always learning. The problem is, sometimes you stop and think you understand the world. This is not correct. The world is always moving. You never reach the point you can stop making an effort.” ― Paulo Coelho
12. “Apply yourself both now and in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land is good, you cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation.” ― Plato
13. “All the effort in the world won’t matter if you’re not inspired.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
14. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” ― Arnold Palmer
15. “Life can be boring unless you put some effort into it.” ― John C. Maxwell
16. “Sometimes being happy takes effort. Invest time and energy in yourself and your happiness.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
17. “If you are still upset about yesterday being a bad day, you are destroying today.
The results might not always bring happiness. That is why you have to connect your happiness to the effort and end the dependence on the success of other’s approval to make you happy.” ― Shahenshah Hafeez Khan
Incredible Effort Quotes to Show the Importance of Hard Work
18. “What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure.” ― Samuel Johnson
19. “Put the uncommon effort into the common task. Make it large by doing it in a great way.” ― Orison Swett Marden
20. “Things made by effort are more real than things made by wishing.” ― Katherine Arden
21. “Walls don’t fall without effort.” ― Neal Shusterman
22. “We forget that every good that is worth possessing must be paid for in strokes of daily effort.” ― William James
23. “Constant effort and frequent mistakes are the stepping stones to genius.” ― Elbert Hubbard
24. “Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.” ― Vince Lombardi
25. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
26. “Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.” ― John Ruskin
27. “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” ― Napoleon Hill
28. “Continuous effort ― not strength or intelligence ― is the key to unlocking our potential.” ― Winston Churchill
29. “It is always the start that requires the greatest effort.” ― James Cash Penney
30. “To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals ― this alone is worth the struggle.” ― William Osler
31. “The problem with being mediocre is that we invest too much time and effort in proving we are not, rather than thinking about investing in improving ourselves.” ― Shahenshah Hafeez Khan
32. “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” ― James Allen
Nothing that’s worth having in life comes easily to us. Sometimes you may feel stressed under lots of pressure from life. But we still have to put in the effort and work for what we want every single day. You can learn how to manage the stress from BetterHelp, which can help to make your life a little bit easier.
Although we might fail and stumble on our road to success, it will make us stronger. The obstacles we face and overcome each day through the power of effort are what’s going to set us apart from the crowd.
I hope that these effort quotes inspire you, as they’ve inspired me, to achieve the greatness I know you are capable of. So every time you feel like giving up, read these quotes once more and find the power within.