One of the main problems during hair care is brittleness and split ends. This is mainly due to a lack of natural keratin in the hair or due to the wrong line of hair cosmetics. This problem can be solved by the master of the salon by providing a keratin treatment service, or you can do a keratin hair treatment at home.
To do this, cosmetics markets provide more than one line of hair masks that are safe to use at home, the main thing is to follow the instructions on the package.
What is Keratin Originally?
But it is worth remembering that artificial keratin makes the hair heavier and can make it look even worse than before the treatment. It acts like this — getting into the structure of the hair, it closes all open scales and, with hot steam, creates a protective layer.
Thanks to this, the hair remains well-groomed for longer and you can use the mask, but it is also advised, no more than once a week. How to use such a hair mask correctly:
- Keratin treatment is still a procedure that cannot help everyone the first time. The mask for home use is more gentle, so the effect is visible after 2-3 weeks.
- In order to be safe for the health of the hair, the mask should not be used more than once or twice a week. Frequent use can cause an allergic reaction, spoil the hair structure.
- It is worth choosing a mask clearly according to the type of hair and what effect is expected, such as brittleness, dullness, loss.
- For colored hair, it is better to use ammonia-free dye before the procedure.
- It is important to combine with other home hair care masks.
- The mask is used on wet hair for 20-30 minutes and washed off with warm water and shampoo.
The keratin formula itself consists of alanine, glycine, collagen and serine. This composition acts by dividing the hair structure of cells. The amount of keratin in nature depends on various factors, such as hair type, nationality, hair color. For example, porous and curly hair most often requires keratin treatment, and for some, it is impossible to do without it.
The disadvantages include the fact that in best keratin hair masks there is no cumulative effect as such, and the procedure must be repeated over and over again. Thin hair may fall out, the volume decreases, but it is worth noting that the density visually increases. If you apply a large enough amount of product, then it can affect the length and break off the tips, leading to even more loss.
For the effect, it is better to use the best keratin hair masks. This is a proven option, as experts directly recommend and there is confidence in the product.
After such a line, there is less risk of falling out, misuse and will save money, since you will not need to contact the master again to cure your hair again.